Thursday, November 8, 2012

verity's photo shoot!

my "client" was my older sister, melody! as this was during the aftermath of hurricane sandy, we didn't have power. because of this, my original plan to use lights and lamps to light the pictures wouldn't work. instead, i used the natural sunlight and a full-length mirror to light her. at first, i tried to use a mixing bowl, but that was not bright enough. then i just simply grabbed the mirror in my room and used it! this photo shoot was really relaxed and very fun, both for me and my sister :))







                               



For the photo shoot, I would ask the lady to dress in lemon yellow, mint green, light coral and other and other soft, bright colors. These colors would help her to look younger and give her appearance more life and vitality. Then, I would take her to a park or a cute little town (maybe like Princeton) and get some head shots of her. Because this will be during noontime, I would bring along a white sheet to reflect the light and brighten her face. The white sheet will not only brighten her face, but it will also cast a soft light, helping to not emphasize her wrinkles. She can sit in an outdoors cafĂ© and I could try to get some candid shots of her laughing and smiling as we talk. Also, we can go walking around and I can get some shots of her against brick walls or in the park, with light-colored flowers. I will try to get her to relax and to have a happy countenance, as having a cheerful face makes people look younger and more alive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment