Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Tejal's Photo-shoot

My model was my aunt. She said she wasn't sure exactly what she wanted, but she likes photos that capture her personality. So, I tried to choose bright colors and soft lighting. :)





The answer to the question: So, for the old lady’s photo-shoot, the very first thing would be to put her in a shaded area. I would ask her to wear light, bright colors to give her a younger feel as well as to brighten the photos. This would reduce the harsh lighting. The harsh lighting caused by the sun would cause her wrinkles to show more because of the shadows. In the shade, this somewhat evens out the lighting on her face and creates a softer atmosphere. If I put her in the shade, I would try to have the reflector reflect a soft light on her face from a distance. The farther the light, the softer the shadows. In other words, I would try to put just enough light to eliminate the shadows caused by her wrinkles, but at the same time light her face proportionally.  Another option is to take pictures by a lake or a water since it would be shining brightly enough from beneath her. I think taking a picture from far away and then zooming in would also reduce the wrinkles, or a very soft focus. I would take her to a place where there were many bright colors around her, like a garden, or tree with many colors, as well.  I would try avoid taken side pictures or pictures from a harsh, low angle. I think higher angles, or straight on photos would best help her look more youthful.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment