Friday, November 30, 2012

DJ's People Pictures (the 50th post!)

I didn't have any day time for a full photoshoot with a client, so I just put together some photos I took of a flower pot, Abbie, my sister Joy, and the teacher herself.

















For the answer of the old lady question: First, of all, I would either ask her to come back at a later time, or simply just bring her inside and light her any way I wanted. But she wants to take the pictures outside. No biggie. There's always photoshop. She then tells me that she wants it taken with her 1980 SLR camera. I can't use photoshop, the picture is pretty much a one take deal, and I can't change the lighting... or can I? I decide to let her sit on a fallen tree. I tell my handy dandy purple ninja penguin assistant to rig a sheet over her to lessen the the harsh light and soften her wrinkles. Apparently snow has just fallen on the ground. The snow should reflect the light onto the old lady's face, but I'll probably point a yellowish halogen light to bring warmth to the picture. To further the sense of youth I would advise her to wear a red hat, scarf, or coat, and avoid too much black or grey in the rest of her outfit. I would then sprinkle some powdery snow on her to make it seem natural that an old lady would be outside on a freezing cold day. I woudl aslo make her hold a snowball in her cupped hands. I would then strive to capture the life in her eyes by getting a fairly large catchling so that the viewer would focus on her eyes and not the wrinkles. Oh snap! let's not forget to focus!


I'm trying my best to get the music video up. Here's a potential front cover.




Sorry it took me so long to post. I've had so many problems with getting the photos up.

No comments:

Post a Comment